Friday, April 23, 2010

Money or Sanity

Remember the old Economics question "Butter or Guns"? 
You don't?
It's ok.  I only got a 'C' in Economics and I'm a little fuzzy on it too.

Anyway...my question lately has been "Money or Sanity".

You see many months ago (I'm talkin like last September) I decided that my last day of work would be April 30th.  No ifs ands or buts. 

Then in March I found out I got into the Radiography Program!  I started thinking about how much money school is going to cost and I'll need to look for a part time job and it will most likely pay less than I make now and how much longer can I make this sentence...
I decided to work up to May 28th so I could stash the extra cash for school.

Then in early April I decided that my last day would be May 25th, because that is the end of a pay period.  It's a very good excuse indeed. 

Then Tuesday I found out I might have to retake a class that would begin on May 18th so I decided my last day would be May 14th. 

Today I found out I don't have to retake the class!  So now my last day will be May 21st.

But that May 14th started to look mighty friendly to my fragile mind. 

Can my sanity really endure 4 more weeks of torture?  Butter or Guns?  Butter or Guns?

You know what?  Screw it!  I've been working in this $*!# hole for 5 1/2 years and I'm a miserable person because of it.  I'm gonna get happy in T minus....I can't do it...I can...21 days!

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment