Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life Without Cable

We don't have cable tv at the "condo".  We have an antenna!  We get 8 channels!  Woo hoo!

Here are the channels we get:

CBS:  Good for Jeopardy! and The Amazing Race.  But not much else.

CW: They play reruns of Rosanne (remember when they won the lottery? talk about jumping the shark!).  I used to watch the New 90210 here but not so much this season (Silver's a lesbian with Bruce and Demi's daughter? WTH?!)

NBC:  This might be my favorite network.  I always watch the Today Show before work.  And Parenthood is my favorite new show!  My Thursday nights are consumed with Community, Parks & Rec., The Office, and 30 Rock.  So funny!  What makes me crazy is that this station loves to disappear randomly and screw up my world.

WXSP:  Useless except for Scrubs and King of Queens reruns. 

FOX:  One word...Glee

ABC:  They have finally got some funny programming on here.  I love Modern Family and Couger Town (I wish I could drink wine with them all day!).  The Bachelorette is starting up soon!  I hate their choice of girl (Ally from the last season of The Bachelor) but I'll probably get sucked into it.

PBS:  I definately feel my age old when I can't stop watching Antiques Roadshow and This Old House, but there are no commercials so when am I supposed to change the channel?

CREATE:  A PBS type channel.  I am addicted to Americas Test Kitchen and Rick Steve's Europe.  I want to start a Euopean Vacation Fund!

Those are the best 8 channels we get.  We also get a Radar Weather channel, a What's On PBS channel, and a odd channel called W that shows programs from the other side of the world.

I don't really miss cable all that much.  I don't think my life is suffering because I can't watch Jersey Shore or Desperate Housewives of New York. 

Yeah I'm ok. 

I'm ok.

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment