Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Apartment and The Condo: A Kitchen Comparison

I thought I would to a little picture comparison of my old apartment and the new "condo". 

BRIE'S NOTE:  Please excuse the mess.  I was moving in/moving out in these shots so it's in that disaster phase at the moment.

Also, "condo" is in quotations because it's not really a condo in the condominium sense of the word.  It is an apartment that was sold to Mark therefore it is a "condo".

I'll start off with a kitchen side-by-side.  After all it is my favorite room in any house!

Here is a picture of the kitchen in my old apartment (OA):


It is pretty decent sized.  I was happy it wasn't one of those gally style kitchens.  It had plenty of counter space which was awesome because I cook a lot and needed it.

Here is the one thing I miss the most about my OA.  The washer and dryer!  I am mourning it as we speak.  The "condo" has a community washer and dryer in the basement.  Boo.


Notice the refrigerator on the right side of the picture.  Here's what it looks like when you open it.


Yeah.  It hits the dang washer!  And here is what it looks like when you open the vegetable drawer.


It was kind of a pain in the butt.  But oh if I could have that wahser dryer back right now!

And here is a picture of the new condo (NC):


It's very open.  It has new cabinets from IKEA. 

But get this...no drawers! 

Nope not a single one.  WTH were the owners thinking? 

Mark made one drawer and it's for cooking utensils.  How annoying! 

I didn't really gain any counter space here, but the island is nice if there isn't crap piled on top of it.


This is the oven.  I dislike it for two reasons.

1.  It's tiny. 

2.  It's electric. 

Oh and it's FILTHY!  Goo!

I used it today to bake a pie crust.  You can see it tomorrow!

Love,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment