Thursday, February 11, 2010

What Will You Give Up?

The Lenten season is fast approaching which has led me to think about what I want to give up this year.  Last year I gave up the internet.

The internet.

It was very difficult which was part of the reason why I choose to do it.  I limited myself to only checking my personal email twice a day and of course anything work related was allowed.  My work day is 10% work, 5% lunch, 85% playing on the internet.

I tell you what, I sure had a lot of extra time to pray!

I'm considering doing it again for Lent this year.  My prayer life needs some work and I think it'll be a great opportunity to memorize some prayers. 

Fat Tuesday is next week and I love to indulge in sweets on this day (and the days leading up to it!).

This year I am going to make a chocolate pie (a Pioneer Woman Recepie).  I'm a little leary of the 4 raw eggs in it, but it looks so creamy and yummy!  Plus I have a frozen pie crust that needs to be used...so.

Stay tuned for that post this weekend! 

What are you giving up for Lent this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment