Monday, February 1, 2010

Workout Day 1: Core

For Christmas this year Mark and I decided to forgo all the expensive presents and give eachother the gift of 6-pack abs and a tight butt.

We bought the P90Xworkout program, weights, resistance bands, pull-up bar, and yoga mats.

We are just now getting around to using them! 

If your not familliar with P90X it's that crazy workout infomercial you see on the weekends.  It was created by Tony Horton and it's 90 days of intense workout and dieting. 

There are different levels to the program.  I am doing P90X Lean.  It focuses more on cardio and building lean muscle mass.  It has less upper body exercises, which is good for me 'cause I can't do a pull-up to save my life!   Mark is doing P90X Classic, 'cause that's the kinda guy he is.

My workout yesterday was Core Synergistics.  It focuses on the core muscles of the stomach, back, glutes, and hamstrings.  How do I know that?  Because I'm sore in all those places!  I had a hard time doing a few of the exercises and sometimes I could only do it once.  I was tired halfway through and I breifly wanted to shut it off, but I didn't and I'm glad I made it through to the end!  I know I'll look back in 90 days and think "I thought this was hard?"

Mark had 2 workouts his first day!  Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X.  I could hear him grunting and groaning the whole time, while I was cleaning out my bedroom closet.  I also heard him laugh a few times.  Tony Horton will say the most off-the-wall comments sometimes and you just have to laugh!

"Superman!  Banana!  Superman!  Banana!"

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment