Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wedding Food and Yoga

Yesterday at 4:00 Mark and I had a date with our chef to taste some dishes for our wedding reception.  I was good and hungry by the time I left work.  Thoughts of savory beef and chicken clouded my head and made it very difficult to find parking downtown. 

I can never find parking downtown.  I hate it.

Mark and our wedding coordinator Rene were already there waiting for me. 

I'm never late for anything.  I hate it. 

We talked for a little bit, then Chef came out with the food!

I planned on having Mark bring the camera so we could take pictures, but I would have felt weird doing that in front of the chef, so I "forgot" to tell Mark to bring it.  Sorry!

The first dish we tried was: Slow Roasted Strip Loin Medallions prepared medium rare and served with a wild mushroom and peppercorn demi-glaze.  It also had a side of Smashed Redskin Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans with Tomatoes and Shallots.

This was really good!  I loved the demi-glaze and the potatoes the best.  The meat was very tender and the vegetables were crisp and not rubbery.

The second dish we tasted was: Chicken Breast stuffed with Herb Goat Cheese, Oven Dried Tomatoes and Spinach served with Asiago cream sauce.  It came with an Au Gratin Potato Wedge and Sauteed Asparagus. 

Oh yum!  I loved the stuffing in the chicken and the plate looked gorgous!  I also liked the au gratin wedge and asparagus has always been a favorite of mine (stinky pee aside!).  I ate all this up!  My favorite for sure!

The third dish was: Sauteed Whitefish rubbed with lemon and garlic and served in a lemon butter sauce. 

This was our least favorite.  The fish had a "fishy" taste like maybe it wasn't fresh?  Also I'm pretty sure I told Mark I wanted to try the Almond Crusted Walleye.  He sent the email with our requests to Rene so maybe he wrote down the wrong one?  I forgot to ask him. 

We left with the idea of serving our guests a combonation plate of chicken and beef served with sauteed asparagus and smashed redskin potatoes.  Rene will get us the quote sometime next week so we can see the numbers.  I would be ok with just doing chicken for everyone.  Yummy!  I want more!

At my sisters wedding they served everyone chicken and I ate mine and everything my sister left on her plate.  One of the benefits of being the maid-of-honor and sitting right next to a nervous bride!

We didn't get to taste any of the appetizers being served at our cocktail hour.  I was bummed because it's likely that we wont actually make it to cocktail hour because of pictures and what-not.  Oh well. 

Our wedding is almost 4 months away now!  I have to get my butt in gear with all the details now.  I've been draggin' it for awhile.

Yoga!
Mark and I did the Yoga X dvd last night.  It was a little over an hour and a half long!  It was tough too!  Lots of challenging poses and there were some that we couldn't do without falling over. 

"Do your best.  Forget the rest."

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment